Humint Events Online: Agatha Christie: Literature for Conspiracy Theorists

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Agatha Christie: Literature for Conspiracy Theorists

Awareness of the extent of the 9/11 conspiracy is very troubling and in some ways life-changing.

Most notably I have absolutely no patience for what passes for political discussion on TV. It is all bullshit.

I cannot even watch mainstream news programs at all, they all disgust me with their active denial of the reality of 9/11 and rigged-elections and the extreme lawlessness of the Bush administration.

Mostly I either watch sports (all the major sports except hockey) or Hindu soap operas (my wife watches these).

I am fairly tolerant of movies, as they are pure escapism, but I don't get to watch too many adult movies because of my kids.

In terms of books, I find most history irrelevant or biased, and most non-fiction too trivial. For a while I read a lot of books on 9/11, but I have become bored with those now, as it is mostly stuff I know.

Recently though, I have fallen in love with Agatha Christie mysteries. They are charmingly written and best of all, they completely exonerate the "conspiracy theory" point-of-view.

That is, there is a crime, a murder, which may or may not have an obvious suspect. There is usually some patsy ro someone who is framed. But something is wrong with the "official story". The police just want to go along with the official story, but Hercule Poirot knows that the story doesn't add up. By nothing but cold hard logic, Poirot unravels the case, uncovering an amazing conspiracy and often multiple other smaller crimes along the way.

It's simply wonderful stuff, and the parallels with 9/11 research are striking. That is, the official story just doesn't add up for many many reasons. But the authorities don't want to deal with a complicated conspiracy, they want to close the case on the patsy-- for political reasons.

Thankfully there are a large number of would-be Hercule Poirots to try to REALLY solve 9/11.

2 Comments:

Blogger Total said...

I read most of the Christie oeuvre when I was about 10-12 years old. Hope it wasn't a "bad influence"!!

7:20 AM  
Blogger spooked said...

I read Christie some as a teenager, but hadn't really touched the books until a few weeks back. The books are amazingly appealing to me at this point in time.

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger