Humint Events Online: Pseudo-Science, Non-Experts and Conspiracy Research

Saturday, November 08, 2014

Pseudo-Science, Non-Experts and Conspiracy Research

The previous post about the whack-job Michael Snyder made me think of an issue that tends to nag at me about my 9/11 research, particularly investigations into the destruction of the WTC.

I am a professional biologist/molecular biologist, and as a bona fide expert in this area, I can say with confidence that Snyder's 44 points "debunking evolution" are just dumb, mistaken and cherry-picked pieces of "evidence".

Snyder gives himself away as an idiot when he says:
As an attorney, I am always looking for the evidence.  And I have been searching for good evidence for the theory of evolution for decades.  But I haven’t been able to find any.  I have investigated these matters very carefully, and I have concluded that the scientific evidence is overwhelmingly in favor of those that argue that God created this world.
So this guy is clueless or a troll or he's just brainwashed by religion. Maybe the latter is most likely. Religion is a powerful mindset that really fucks with the ability of people to think of things logically and objectively.

But what always nags at me about my work here is that I am not a trained engineer or physicist, so it's hard to speak with great authority about destruction of the WTC. I always worry that I am missing something that an expert would know, even though it seems like demolition is so freaking obvious.

As a trained scientist I can weigh evidence, further I have learned a lot about engineering and physics since starting this blog. So I have a good deal of confidence is my conclusions. But overall, to be honest, I have to have some doubts about everything I post about WTC demolition, as a matter of intellectual integrity.

 Another point though, is how one can assemble evidence of a "conspiracy", such as impressive lists of evidence, such as Snyder did "debunking evolution", that is just wrong. And I should point out that a lot of his evidence is not really evidence but just bad logic.

I even feel somewhat like I should try to respond point-by-point to Snyder's points, but I feel like that would take WAY too much time and would be a waste of time since I doubt Snyder would listen to me.

So in summary, this is a reminder for us all in the conspiracy biz not to get too hung up on one theory, and it's also a reason "9/11 truth" is such a hard slog.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...



I even feel somewhat like I should try to respond point-by-point to Snyder's points

me, i wouldn't dignify snyder with a response to his bullshit.

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...





In a shocking report released this week, the FBI is admitting that the 2012 Sandy Hook School shooting was not a shooting at all. It was an exercise that local media misreported on, and then government officials perpetuated the hoax in hopes of bringing about gun control legislation.

Many questions regarding why "parents" were laughing, first responders were not going in and out of the school and later no medical personnel were permitted are now answered.

Most of us, at this point, have seen the crisis actor who was playing the part of a "parent" laughing a big belly laugh before noticing a camera and becoming somber.

FBI REPORT: NO DEATHS AT SANDY HOOK: WAS EXERCISE, MISREPORTED, CREATED CRISIS

so much for conspiracy "theories".

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger