Humint Events Online: Bush's Plan

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Bush's Plan

Two years before the September 11 attacks, presidential candidate George W. Bush was already talking privately about the political benefits of attacking Iraq, according to his former ghost writer, who held many conversations with then-Texas Governor Bush in preparation for a planned autobiography.

“He was thinking about invading Iraq in 1999,” said author and journalist Mickey Herskowitz. “It was on his mind. He said to me: ‘One of the keys to being seen as a great leader is to be seen as a commander-in-chief.’ And he said, ‘My father had all this political capital built up when he drove the Iraqis out of Kuwait and he wasted it.’ He said, ‘If I have a chance to invade….if I had that much capital, I’m not going to waste it. I’m going to get everything passed that I want to get passed and I’m going to have a successful presidency.”


It is quite amazing how much Bush had planned. He wanted to be a war president, he wanted to be a great president, he wanted to have political capital, he wanted to get everything passed that he want to get passed.

Isn't it also amazing how much of this plan has been the template for his presidency? Too bad for him, not everything has worked out. After all, his administration is obsessed with creating its own reality, but obviously real reality, like gravity, has to kick in and bring things back to earth.

But I find it most amazing how Bush WANTED to be a war president and he got his wish. What are the odds that he would get a great incentive for war and a rallying cry like 9/11?

Remember how shaky Bush looked right after 9/11?

I have to wonder if his shakiness was actually nervousness that his administration had actually carried out a fake terror attack and he was worried that they would be exposed?

1 Comments:

Anonymous posicionamiento google said...

This can't work in reality, that is exactly what I suppose.

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger