Humint Events Online: Rocky Moutain Low

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Rocky Moutain Low

Wow-- I don't know exactly what happened to me, whether it was traveling in airplanes for the first time since I got heavily into 9/11 skepticism, simple jet lag or whether it was the high alititude of the Rockies-- but I got very depressed about Peak Oil. Certainly, some of the stuff you can find on Peak Oil is very grim and very worrisome. But I guess for now, the safest bet is not to worry too much. It's doubtful there will be any major oil shortfalls for a couple of years yet, and even if the price of oil goes high, maybe it will act as a wake-up call for people to get REALLY serious about alternative energy. I doubt very much that society will collapse any time soon over lack of oil-- though there may soon be some very rough times ahead.

I must say I also started getting worried that if there were severe oil shortages and some major breakdown in society, that martial law would be declared and that perhaps I would thrown in some concentration camp for being a dissident (or 9/11 skeptic).

You NEVER know what might happen. But let's chalk that up to getting carried away with fear and being overly paranoid. While it is not out of the bounds of possibility, there is no reason to worry about that right now.

Presumably, if there is martial law, the military will have other, more important things to worry about than me.

So-- let's get back to 9/11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger