Humint Events Online: I Call Bullshit

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

I Call Bullshit














Frames from here, which is a frame by frame break-down of one of the second hit videos shown on CNN.

I almost got into a car accident today. A guy in a truck ahead of me braked suddenly, I was a little distracted by something, and I had to brake fast and swerve to avoid a collision.

I drive a medium-sized sedan, and the guy in front of me was driving a large pick-up truck.

I could not help but imagine what the collision would have been like if I hadn't stopped and swerved: my car would have slammed into the back of the truck and crumpled up, probably causing minimal damage to the back of the truck, and the truck would have been pushed forward a bit.

Even if I were going 500 mph, my car STILL would have crumpled into the back of the truck-- though I would have caused more damage to the truck and pushed it forward more. However, there is NO WAY that my car would bust THROUGH the truck without slowing or crumpling.

Now think about a situation where my car is the airplane shown above and the truck is the south tower, and remember airplanes are much more lightly constructed than cars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What span of time does a single videoframe connote? Isn't it something in the range of 1/30th of a second? So five frames are 1/6th of a second? How fast was the plane traveling? (I don't know.) But if we assume (for the ease of the math) that it was traveling at 360 mph, how far would the plane travel in 1/6th of a second?

12:50 PM  
Blogger spooked said...

the plane takes 10 frames to go in, that is 160 feet of plane passing through the plane of the building in 1/3 of a second. So in 1/6th of a second, it would be like 80 feet.

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger