What's the Deal with Trying KSM in US Court?
So why on earth give a real court trial to KSM-- officially the biggest fish relating to 9/11?
It makes almost no sense.
The only possible rationales I can think of are:
1) this is some convoluted way to get at the truth of 9/11 by the administration (not likely!)
2) this is simply to piss off Republicans and create a distraction (doesn't seem likely as Obama has shown little desire to really anger conservatives -- rather he has kowtowed to them a fair amount)
3) this is some convoluted way to stage another terror attack on NYC (possible)
4) this is simply a bone thrown to the US justice system, to give them a chance at convicting a "major terrorist" (maybe).
5) this is just a high-profile show-- a PR stunt to the world-- to make it seem like we can handle terrorists in our system, when the reality is that the whole terrorism conflict is a massive farce (probably the most likely explanation).
Take your pick!