Humint Events Online: Somehow I Like This Better Than "Support Our Troops"

Friday, March 03, 2006

Somehow I Like This Better Than "Support Our Troops"




To clarify: I have nothing against "our troops". I wish them no harm. And neither do I wish harm of innocent Iraqis and Afghanis. I certainly never thought the Iraq war was a good idea, and I can't say that I support what the US government/army/troops is doing in Iraq. But I don't want our troops to die-- and this is one reason I don't want them in Iraq.

A different reason I dislike these yellow ribbon magnets that say "support our troops" is their tone. Rather than saying "I support our troops", they are making a demand that we all have to "support our troops". It is arrogant and off-putting. If somneone had a magnet saying "I support the troops", that would be cool. But to exhort people to "support our troops" is obnoxious.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why am I not surprised.

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://img397.imageshack.us/img397/374/stkgermans4002st.gif

MY kind of sticker. hehe ;-P

buy it here:

http://www.democracymeansyou.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=STK-GERMANS&Category_Code=STK

12:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

This SURE sounds an AWFUL LOT like a certain Gov't SHILL that lurks around here...

HMMMMMMMMMMMM.............

I wonder who that could be....any ideas "pinch" hehe :-)




DefenseLINK News: CENTCOM Team Engages 'Bloggers'

The team engages bloggers who are posting inaccurate or untrue information, as well as bloggers who are posting incomplete information. They extend a friendly invitation to all bloggers to visit the command's Web site. Many bloggers appreciate the team's contact, blog team officials said, and most post CENTCOM's Web site as a link on their blog sites. This, McNorton said, has a "viral effect" that drives Internet news consumers to CENTCOM's Web site. "Now (online readers) have the opportunity to read positive stories. At least the public can go there and see the whole story. The public wants to hear these good stories," he said, adding that the news stories the military generates are "very factual."

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Mar2006/20060302_4370.html



so pinch...how's the "Lying for your Government" business treatin' ya these days...?

1:01 AM  
Blogger spooked said...

wow, good find Rob.

"Why am I not surprised."

:)

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger