Humint Events Online: Steve Jobs Drops the 33 in 2005 Commencement Speech

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Steve Jobs Drops the 33 in 2005 Commencement Speech

Great speech, but the 33 gave me pause:

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the "33" is a simple mathematical necessity because of the time of year - his 50th birthday was in February 2005.

By the time he made this speech, he would have been about 2 years into his battle with pancreatic cancer and I think his life probably demonstrates that he lived by what he said.

I think that Steve Jobs was a thorn in the side of those-who-wish-to-control-all because he did not let them get control of Apple.

I think that made them angry and vindictive and we all know what happens when they get angry and vindictive - someone gets suicided, becomes a hit and run statistic, or, gets cancer or some similar life limiting experience.

It will be interesting to see what happens to Apple in the future.

11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger