Humint Events Online: I Guess I Wasn't the Only One Who Saw That

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I Guess I Wasn't the Only One Who Saw That

MILBANK: Petraeus --it's no accident he had a Latin name. It looked like he was the Roman general returning to the republic in his gold and purple toga, and they were celebrating him and slaying white bulls. They could not get enough of this man. And anybody's who's even critical of the war wouldn't dare criticize...

MATTHEWS: Right.

MILBANK: ... except in the most polite way, General Petraeus because then you appear to be criticizing the troops. I think it's game, set and match here.


So... is Milbank implying Petraeus was chosen because of his name?

Also @ the link-- a good summary of why the media is so ridiculous when it comes to Bush and the war.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always sounds like General 'betray us' to me - some sort of Freudian slip?

5:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger