We do live about 6 miles from the airport and do have planes flying overhead sometimes. But these trails are in a different area of the sky then where most planes fly to and from the airport. They are not made by planes coming into land or taking off. Usually they are from high flying planes that don't go near the airport.
One possibility besides chemtrails, that I thought of yesterday, is that it is something not from the planes per se, but that the atmosphere is reacting differently to the jet trails. Perhaps more CO2, or more pollution in general? Whatever it is, it is totally creepy and so few people want to talk about it.
This site claims these are just jet trails, shows pictures of old trails even from WWII, and one comment says we see them more because of increased airplane traffic. That's plausible, I suppose.* Even if that's the case, there's still a fuckload of pollution in those contrails. Jet exhaust isn't pure CO2-- there's lots of other crap in there.
But of course, there's lots of reason to wonder if there is more going on here, even if there is a frustrating lack of proof about chemtrail geo-engineering on a large scale.
Reasons to think (at least some of) this crap is chemtrail geo-engineering:
1) weather modification is clearly a goal of the PTB and military
2) many climate scientists are "working on" geo-engineering technology to combat climate change, and yes, the CIA is involved. Officially, it's all in the theoretical stage -- which means they are probably doing it.
3) a few admissions of spraying by weathermen
4) some limited hangout whistleblowing by govt insider, saying it is a military terrain mapping program.
5) incredible secrecy about what the govt is up to on this
6) whatever the fuck they are doing with HAARP
One amazing thing is how MUCH stuff there is on the web about "chemtrails"... really hard to know what to trust. At the same time, the PTB definitely don't want to talk about this stuff. So, it's really hard to know what is going on, but there's no doubt that something is up and it's probably not good.
*Wow--this woman calls out that "contrail science" site as disinfo and the host a govt shill. Excellent talk overall in the linked video by Kristen Meghan.