Humint Events Online: 50th Anniversary of the My Lai Massacre

Friday, March 16, 2018

50th Anniversary of the My Lai Massacre

Fifty years ago, on March 16, 1968, U.S. soldiers attacked the Vietnamese village of My Lai. Even though the soldiers met no resistance, they slaughtered more than 500 Vietnamese women, children and old men over the next four hours, in what became known as the My Lai massacre.
After the massacre, the U.S. military attempted to cover up what happened. But in 1969 a young reporter named Seymour Hersh would reveal a 26-year-old soldier named William Calley was being investigated for killing 109 Vietnamese civilians. Today, memorials have been held in My Lai to mark the 50th anniversary of this horrific attack.
Good for Democracy Now on covering this story. Worth watching their report for sure.

And Anonymous Physicist's piece on Hugh Thompson and how he stopped the massacre is still a good read.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger