Fake Boston Bombing Conspiracy Gets Picked Up by Press
- 'Disgusting' Facebook group called 'Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is innocent' attracts more than 11,000 fans worldwide
- Conspiracy junkies believe double-amputee veteran pretended to be marathon spectator whose legs were blown off
- Growing movement accuses the U.S. government and a private security company of staging the April 15 massacre
- Grainy news footage and off-angle photos are evidence for claiming the Tsarnaev brothers surrendered but were killed by police
- One theory holds that 'two men in drag planted the bombs'
My current theory is that Tamerlan was a brainwashed CIA patsy, who somehow recruited his brother to go along with the plot in some way. I really am unsure about fake victims, though the idea of taking a guy with two legs blown off, without proper tourniquets and without stabilizing, and racing him down the street in a wheelchair is just freaking absurd. The problem with fake victims is it just brings way too many people into the plot who need to be kept quiet.