Humint Events Online: Nader

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Nader

I must say, Ralph Nader is looking a lot better to me after this election than he did before.

I always liked Nader's politics (for the most part), and he raised important issues that the two parties didn't dare bring up. My biggest beef with him was that I knew he would never get elected, and he was tilting the election towards Bush.

But maybe, if there is some sort of strong popular uprising as a result of all the Bush bullshit going on, then maybe Ralph will have done us a favor. (I know this was his plan. We'll see if it works out at all.)

All I know, given the embarrassing lack of response from the Democratic leadership over this apparent election theft, I am looking very hard at third parties. (Heck-- maybe I'll run for office myself.) And DEFINITELY, in the absence of MAJOR changes in the DNC (which I feel are unlikely), I am not giving another cent to the Democrats.

I feel like there is a lot of popular dissatisfaction rising up in this country-- maybe we're on the brink of some sort of major change. Our system needs major overhaul all acorss the board-- the political parties, the elected government, the election systems, the intelligence services, the media-- all the power brokers in Washington-- they need to go. They are obese, corrupt and rotten institutions.

All I can say is we really need some change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger